Monday, November 17, 2008

No Riding but took a big step

Well, it seems I am slowly moving farther and farther from Mountain bike riding in my posts (moving to the road bike and now this) but I think I will be back on track shortly. I have not been posting lately and wanted to offer a brief explanation.

I got married on November 8. It was incredible how much stress this put on me. I realize I was probably pretty snappy for a few weeks leading up to this and apologize to everyone. I just got back from the Honeymoon on Sunday and am feeling much better. I was not planning on taking a honeymoon immediately but some friends offered us a condo in Rosemary Beach for the week and we jumped on it. I really needed the week to just relax and I think this really helped me get my sanity back and I believe things will be getting back to normal soon.

I missed quite a few rides lately (including a night ride they had at Oak Mountain) and now am really wanting to get back into it. I think I am going to build me a small "skills" park with a few skinnies, a see-saw, and a few other items to help me with my technical riding here at the office. I just need to keep my bike here so I can play at lunch or whenever I need a break from staring at the computer.

4 comments:

Spork said...

What!!! When did you get married? That's bananas. B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

Spork said...

Oh yeah, I remember now. I was there! B-A-N-A-N-A-S!!!

Stephanie said...

You can go bike riding whenever you want... Yes, I've put it in writing (sort of.)

~Get Back JoJo~ said...

haha!! i love that you will have it at work for a brain break! so like a guy! i'm glad ya'll enjoyed your time at the beach! i was so jealous!! 70 degrees in november?!!? not fair! its like 40 degrees here!!

oh, and i'm so proud of Steph for the above comment. save it, print it, whatever you gotta do to have your piece of evidence.

love ya'll!!