Sunday, July 27, 2008

Ocoee Brush Creek Trail


We woke up this morning and headed to the Ocoee Campground area so we could ride the Brush creek trail. This time I remembered to pack some energy bars and we headed out. We took the trail beside the river up the Rafting center. Then we took the old copper trail which also paralleled the river. There were a lot of people rafting and kayaking as it was a beautiful day. This part of the tail was nice and cool as the wind was cooled as it blew across the water. The next section was a short but steep climb. This part of the trail was a bit overgrown and I got my arms slightly torn up as some of the briers were crossing the trail and got me as I was leading the way. The top was a nice view and we stopped to catch out breath for a few minutes. The next part was a roller coaster of a trail. It was about 7 miles of rolling, twisting fun. The tail finally ended up near a bridge crossing brush creek. There were some blackberries at the trail head and we enjoyed a few as we sat in the shade and relaxed for a few minutes. I figured that we had a climb ahead of us as it seemed like we had been going downhill for most of the time. I took the lead and was cruising through the woods pretty good. I kept expecting a hill, but somehow it never came. I actually think the trail flowed a bit better this direction than the other. There was a small climb at the end, but this is definitely a trail I would recommend to others. We scooted down the section we had to climb earlier and rode back to the Whitewater Center. Mitch and Monty went in the gift shop and I payed around on some of the stairs and rocks. I found a short section of 4 sets of stairs that I was able to ride up which I haven't tried to do since college. Made me feel good that I could still do it. The ride back to the campground was nice and I got to watch some of the rafters going down the river as was riding beside it.

When we got back Monty told us there was a shower and I decided I would make use of it instead of riding the 3 hours home in wet bike shorts. The shower was actually pretty cool as there was two shower heads. One was normal height and the other was waist high. Perverted thoughts aside, it worked great as I was able to get the dirt and grime off my legs much easier. I would really like to have a shower in my house with multiple shower heads. Maybe someday I can afford such luxuries. The drive home ended with a stop at McAlisters where I met Stephanie for dinner.




No comments: