Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Never going to be fast

After a few really rough weeks at work I finally was able to start commuting again. Today I only had to work an 11 hour day, so I got to ride to and was "forced" to leave early enough si I wouldn't be in the dark on the way home. I was feeling pretty rough after the ride in, but after riding home I am feeling much better. It has been about 2 weeks since I have been on the bike. I think I am just going to have to give up on ever getting faster. I just can't seem to get on the bike enough to improve.

On a sidenote: We went to Charleston SC the weekend of the 4th to visit some of Stephanie's friends. I have been there before, but I have not really noticed how much bikes are respected there. As you drive down the streets, almost every porch has a bike on it as well as every bar, grocery store, or pretty much any store has a bike rack, an if not there were a few bikes chained to a nearby fence or pole. I watched and motorists seemed to actually not completely despise the cyclists and gave them equal use of the road. I thought it was pretty cool.

I am going to try to get in a few more rides this week while the weather is nice.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Your backfat is what makes you slow...