Saturday, June 28, 2008

Slow Lap

Went to Oak Mountain with Moran and ran a lap. I just did not feel great today. Moran had a hard time keeping his heart rate down and we stopped to rest a few times which was fine with me. I don't think I successfully rode any of the log rides but we did make the whole loop without any flats (lately my biggest problem). I recently put some Panracer Fire UST tires on (I just wanted to try something different than the Nevegals) and have been relatively pleased. I rode with them at Lurleen last weekend and now at Oak Mountain. I am not sure they are better, especially in the sand, but they seem to do well everywhere else. I just need to try them in the wet to see how they do, but they are less expensive and I was going through the old ones too fast.

Also, Tommy had mentioned the Gnomes had been multiplying. I managed to snap a picture of them and will try to get it up soon.

After our ride we went to McAlisters. It has been a little while since I have gone since being introduced to Chipotle. It was nice sitting outside in the shade and drinking the sweet tea. I really like people watching there, but not many people came to eat that day. My only complaint is that the little blond that looks like Elisha Cuthbert (I have no idea how to spell her name) was not working that day.

I looked back and only made about 93 miles this week. I had about 95 last week, so I am very close, but unfortunately my hundred mile week will have to be later. I am hoping all this road riding is going to help my mountain biking, but currently it is just making me too tired to ride hard.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Well, I was going to post a picture of Elisha Cuthbert, but they all are a bit risque and I don't want to think of the McAli girl in a risque way because I think that she is under age.