Friday, June 27, 2008

First case of road rage (unfortunately not me)

Rode to and from work today and it was very enjoyable except for a lady in a white SUV laid on the horn as she passed me (as well as not moving over). Of course she was speeding as the speed limit is only 30 and 45 on these roads. I can only imagine it is such a nusiance to have to wait a maximum of 30 seconds to find a break in the cars to go around me. I ride on or over the line when a car is coming so most people only have to touch the far line with their wheel to give me a couple feet clearance. I know I have seen this car around Montevallo and next time I find a "I heart bikers" sticker or something similar I am going to buy it. I am pretty sure I will recognize the car and next time I see it, they are getting a sticker on their rear window.



The ride home was a bit of a gamble as Stephanie took the truck home at 4 and I knew I would have to work late. It started raining around 5, but cleared up a bit by the time I was ready to leave. I was afraid I would get caught in the rain, but other than getting a few sprinkles while in downtown Montevallo, the rain held off. It was nice and cool and smelled like rain (I hope everyone knows what I mean as I love that smell). This was probably one of the most enjoyable rides yet.

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

How about something like
this for your stickers?? Order about a gross of them and just start plastering cars.. Or how about something like "You've been Sandaled?" That way everyone would know who has made you angry.

Stephanie said...

Oops, try this link instead... linky.

Sandals said...

I don't think we want the "You've been Sandaled" bumper stickers. Grumpy Grund will have half the cars in Jefferson and Shelby county plastered as well as businesses, dogs, screaming babies, grumpy people, and the list goes on. I would have to order them by the ton.

I do like the biker one, may have to get a few for fun.