Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Commuting but at least I am on the bike.

I finally gave up on trying to make it to any organized rides during the week. And after not riding this weekend I was getting desperate. Things are starting to slow down a bit here at work, but I still seem to get caught having to get a quote out or something on the days I want to leave early (or on-time, I forget what that is).

Monday I rode the bike home from the office after driving in that morning. I ended up leaving about 6 so traffic was not too bad. I also took 17-15 home instead of 119 which I feel a lot more safe. There are very few large trucks and the rode is more hilly and winding so the drivers are forced to pay a bit better better attention. It was a pleasent ride, but I am out of shape or something. I ended up with roughly 12.3 miles in 45 minutes. This is faster than I ever rode it on the mtn bike, but I still felt like I was going pretty slow.

Tuesday I decided to just ride in that morning also as I was able to wake up early enough to have time. I duplicated my ride with just under 46 minutes, so I assume both directions are about the same (climbing wise). I though tmy legs would be killing me, but I felt pretty good throughout the day.

I do have a grump. My Garmin has once again stopped working properly. This time it is turning off whenever I hit a bump. It seems to be only sudden shocks that do it as it has been only happening randomly when I am on the Mtn Bike (I think the shock dampens most of the trail chatter). But on the road bike it turns off very often. I got mad and just took it off the bar mount and threw it in my jersey. It stayed on when I did this, but I can not see my speed or heartrate or anything that would probably make me ride harder. (Maybe this is not such a bad thing). I have contacted Garmin, but I am guessing I am going to be witout it again for a couple of weeks while they repair it. I haven't had a lot of luck with this thing.

2 comments:

Spork said...

I do believe it is time to show Garmin the official "Grumpy Grund". Ask them if they know about the Goatfeathers incident.

Sandals said...

I think I am getting even more grumpy in my old age. I got pissed, tried to pay for my drink and left at the local Alabama Coach Company. I couldn't get a refill and my food (Lunch) had not showed up after 45 minutes (I ordered the lunch special!!!!!). This after we had to wait about 10 minutes to get our drink order.