Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good Start, but can I follow through?

I started this week pretty well by commuting both Monday and Tuesday to and from work. Yesterday before the ride home, I was thinking that I could get in a 100 mile week. Looking back, I don't think I have ever ridden that much in a single week before. However; after I got home last night my legs were aching a bit, but I assumed it would be better by the morning. (I don't know if I have mentioned, but the ride is 12.25 miles and for some reason is much easier to ride to work than riding back home from the office.) I was planning on going to Oak Mountain this afternoon, however Wednesdays are leg day at the gym and I was struggling there (even though I have dropped weight and do sets of 20 reps). I got back to the office and realized that if I rode; it would not be pretty. I was supposed to meet someone there and I felt bad cancelling, but I think I am going to have to work my way up to riding so much. I am going to see how I feel tomorrow and try to ride again. But by skipping today, I am going to have to ride two laps of Oak this weekend to make the 100 mark if I can make the ride to and from tomorrow.

On a good note (for me): it is thundering and cloudy outside. I need a better excuse than me being lazy.

2 comments:

Stephanie said...

So, you tryin' to copy me by changing your blog look?

Sandals said...

Yep, I decided to make it a little nicer. I almost figured out how to widen the text area, but didn't have enough time to finish.

I almost changed the spelling of mountian so it would be correct, but what fun is that?