Sunday, November 4, 2007

Day at Sway


Had a great day yesterday! I met up with Charlie (cartecs3) and Charles (K2Biker) for a ride of Swayback yesterday. I really never know what to expect when I ride with other riders for the first time. For some reason I always think I am going to be struggling to keep up the whole time. Anyway, Charles was running a few minutes late, so me and Charlie decided to ride the quick two mile loop to warm up. I have a terrible time trying to set a pace and think I was going a little fast (as I was in the lead), but it felt really good to be on the bike.

Charles was in the parking lot when we got back and shortly thereafter we hit the trails. I know it may be hard to believe, but I think Charles was even more excited about riding than I was. How can anyone not get a huge high from peddling through the woods on such a beautiful day. The weather was almost perfect with the trees starting to change colors. I even love the smell of Fall.




Anyway, I carried the Edge with me for the first time, but I forgot the heart rate monitor. I probably would have taken it off mid ride anyway as we were just playing an having a good time. I did however manage to figure out how to get a map of the ride graphed which you can see. I had to turn off the auto-pause because it kept beeping at me whenever we would pause for a second or whenever I would try to hit an obstacle a few times.




We rode for a lap and managed to pick up a couple of single speed guys that Charlie knew from the Dauset Race. They rode with us for a while and then headed on back. We continued on around the black loop and then headed back to the cars. After a snack and refilling my camelback, I decided to carry my camera. We headed back out in no particular direction and just wandered around playing. I have all the pictures on my other computer, so I am going to try to get on there and get them added to this.










1 comment:

Charles said...

Had a great ride.. I've got a link to my photos on the blog as well. Most of mine came out pretty blurry so I ended up converting them to B&W or screwing with some other form of photo manipulation to make them look less crappy ;)