Friday, November 2, 2007

Maybe all for the better

Last Thursday I carried my bike to work and played during lunch. I swapped out my clipless for some platforms and we headed out. Me and Jimmy found a nearby lot and stacked some boards up to practice riding skinnies. After a while we took off looking for more fun. We rode to a nearby park and rode around a little. I realized how much I depend on the clipless as I kept pulling my feet off the pedals. I mainly switched to platfiorms to help with bunnyhopping correctly. I tend to cheat when in clipless and am trying to train myself to do it correctly. We eventually found a long curb and attempted to ride it for a while. I was trying to hop up and of course spun the pedal into my shin. One more scar to remember my biking! Jimmy finally got a slow leak so we headed back to the office quickly before it went completely flat.

I was origionally going to go to Raccoon Mountain this weekend with some friends to ride up there, but it ended up falling apart as one of the group had some "female" problems (He had to spend the weekend with a female :-) ). He asked if we could push it a weekend, so I guess we are going next weekend.

This freed up this weekend up for some local riding. I found out Charlie and another endurance rider were going to swayback to ride 3-4 of laps. I have been wanting to put some miles on the bike so I am plannig on meeting them tomorrow and see how long I can hang with them.

Sunday I am going to try to get out to Oak Mountain to meet the BUMP guys for a lap. I think my little brother and Tommy are probably going to join me also on this one.

No comments: