Monday, October 29, 2007

New Toy


I just received my new toy yesterday. I was talked into getting one of the Garmen 305 cycle computers to help my rides. Brian had been using a heart rate meter for some time and he has definately improved in his riding. I figured I would give it a try as I seem to ride faster laps when I start off slowly and pace myself instead of trying to ride fast. I will not lie, I also like that I can dump the data onto a map to graph what I just rode as well as being able to see the elevation changes.



I am going to try to ride during lunch one day this week to try it out before our trip to Raccoon mountain this wekend. I still need to get it installed on my bicycle. I am debating about putting the cadence/speed sensor on as I mainly got it for this winter so I can ride on the rollers and log my distance while indoors. However I still need to buy a spare front wheel so I can swap out easily to slicks.

2 comments:

Charles said...

Rollers? Indoors?

I tried that once.. wanted to kill myself about 15 minutes in. I usually just accept that my riding is going to slack off a bit on some days when it's really cold!

I'm looking towards a GPS for next year.. my brother has one like yours and he seems to like it although he only uses it for road biking.

Sandals said...

I got the Kreitler rollers about 8 years ago. I don't nearly ride them as much as I should, but rollers are the only way to go as far as a trainer. They definately smoothed my peddaling and improved my balance.

So far I like the Edge. I wore the heartrate monitor today for the first time and it was not as uncomfortable as I thought it would be. I guess I will find out if it is worth it if I can drop some time off my laps at Oak Mtn.