Monday, October 8, 2007

Trussville and New Bike

Yesterday me and Tommy went to Trussville. I had halfway thought of trying to race in the Dead Dog race next weekend and wanted to at least try to ride the trail before racing. We spent a while trying to find the trail and eventually ran into Frank (I think that was his name). He graciously showed us what he thought was the race course. After finishing the first correct lap I decided to ride a couple more to see if I could find a decent line. For some reason I was struggling much more than usual. I think it was because I tried to eat a few power bars I got at the gas station on the way since I skipped breakfast and we started riding about lunch. Anyway I couldn't seem to pace myself correctly and was just riding sloppy. My first lap was about 26 minutes and my second was about 25. I was once again struggling with a lot of back pain and I will get to the solution to that shortly. I am pretty sure I am going to puss out of this race as it is a pretty tight course with very few places to pass. I think I would be a bigger hinderance to the other riders than anything.


On to the good news. I went by and picked up my new bicycle yesterday afternoon. It is a Titus MotoLite Exogrid size large. I searched for about 4 months and after a wait of about 3 months after ordering it finally arrived. I have not had time to do anything but take a few pictures of it. And the fiancee would not let it sleep in the bed with me so I am looking forward to getting my first ride in sometime this week. I am most excited about having a bike that actually fits me correctly. I will not know what to do when I can ride for more than 2 hours without back, shoulder and palm pain.

No comments: