Saturday, November 17, 2007

Oak Mountain 2007_11_17

Met with Tommy and Moran for a lap of Oak Mtn. We met about 10:15 and rode Clockwise. The autum leaves were still looked awsome and luckily they have not completely covered the trail yet. I am without a camera for the weekend as Stephanie loaned it to her parents since they went to the Alabama game and they wanted to take some pictures. The first part of the trail was at a casual pace and I really enjoyed just being on the bike after another week of work. Everything was going well untill we were riding up the Jeep trail and were almost at the top. Tommy heard a loud pop and realized his front derailler did not work anymore. At first we thought it had just slipped on the frame but we couldn't seem to get it fixed. We got it where it would shift so he could finish up but shortly after it got stuck in third. After we "Adjusted" it one last time it halfway worked. We rode down the bump and Moran tried to get me to jump all the rocks going down to the Bump trail but I pussed out. There is a small rock at the top that should be a good launching point if you hit it just right. It would be a huge jump for me and I don't think I am quite ready for it yet. Maybe after I can climb Blood rock, that will be my next goal.

I have really started liking the jump after the descent from blood rock. The line of rocks across the trail has one rock I can jump off of very well. We hassled Tommy a bit about wanting to take the road back and he decided to take the trail the rest of the way. We rode on out and finished in record time (well not quite). Tommy and Moran had to head back, so I headed to McAlisters to get something to eat. It was a good day for riding.

No comments: